Pi (π) is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter.Pi is a constant number, meaning that for all circles of any size, Pi will be the same. The diameter of a circle is the distance from edge to edge, measuring straight through the center.
It struck me that a circle has a beginning and an end perhaps, but perhaps there is no beginning or end – it just is. No matter the size of the circle, the ratio of the circle will always be the same.
It got me thinking…
Romans 8:38 says that no height or depth, no power in the sky above or below, no other creation, nothing – can ever separate us from God (that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord). Ephesians 3:18 is a prayer to us that says may we have the power to understand and comprehend the length, width, height, and depth of Christ’s love for us.
In honor of Pi Day, I am going to share each of the 3rd chapter and 14th verses of the New Testament. Maybe you will read this in a whole new way…
- (Matthew) Then Jesus appeared asking John to baptize Him. John objected saying it was he that needed to be baptized.
- (Mark) Jesus chose 12 men to be with Him and to be sent out into the world to tell God’s message and He gave them authority to banish demons.
- (Luke) Soldiers asked Jesus how to live. He said, don’t use force or lies, shakedowns or blackmail to get people to give you money. Be happy with what you earn.
- (John) No one person has ever been in the presence of God except for the One person that was sent from Heaven to Earth. Jesus was sent so that we may see Him and believe. He was lifted back up to Heaven with the promise if we believed in Him, we would have eternal life with Him and become in the presence of the Almighty with Him.
- (Acts) Peter spoke to a crowd admonishing them that Jesus was holy and good, and yet they chose to disown Him, and selecting a MURDERER to be set free, rather than the Son of God
- (Romans) We are all sinners. Not one person lives right. Our tongues pollute the air and litter the land. The message version says “whatever is written in these Scriptures is not what God says about others but to us to whom these Scriptures were addressed in the first place! And it’s clear enough, isn’t it, that we’re sinners, every one of us, in the same sinking boat with everybody else? Our involvement with God’s revelation doesn’t put us right with God. What it does is force us to face our complicity in everyone else’s sin.”
- (1 Corinthians) Every builder who builds on a sound foundation with solid materials, whose work still stands, will receive a reward. You are God’s house. Christ is the foundation. Be careful in picking out the building materials so the house will stand and pass storms and inspections.
- (2 Corinthians) People’s minds and hearts were veiled (covered) and blinded to the understanding of what the scriptures actually meant to their lives and to their eternity. The veil of misunderstanding comes only through believing in Jesus Christ.
- (Galatians) Because of what Jesus Christ did (absorbing all of our sins (all of them) to himself), God’s promise was given to all people (not some, all). Christ died to that by believing in Him and by faith, we could receive the spirit and have eternal life in Heaven.
- (Philippians) Press on and run hard to the finish line to get the prize that is yours. God is calling and beckoning us to Heaven through Jesus (and what He did for us).
- (Colossians) The most important thing in life is to love each other. Love is what binds us all into unity. Let love guide your life.
- (2 Thessalonians) Take special note of anyone who does not obey what is said in this letter. But don’t treat him as an enemy. Sit him down and talk about the problem as someone who cares.
- (1 Timothy) Paul shared that he hoped to come to the people soon, but is writing the letter now to ensure the readers would know to live. Although God is a mystery, far exceeding our understanding, a few things are clear: He appeared on Earth in a human body (Jesus), was proved right by the invisible Spirit, was seen by angels. He was proclaimed among all kinds of peoples, believed in all over the world, taken up into heavenly glory.
- (2 Timothy) Continue to follow the teaching you are learning and believe what you were taught since you can trust who was teaching you. The written word shows you the way to salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. The message version says, “Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God’s way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.”
- (Titus) Devote yourself into doing good in order to not lead unproductive lives. When you help people in need, your life won’t be empty.
- (Hebrews) ERV version says, “We have the honor of sharing in all that Christ has if we continue until the end to have the sure faith we had in the beginning.”
- (James) If you are selfish, bitter, envious, or have jealousy in your heart, don’t boast about that and brag about how wise, good and smart you are. That is just a lie. Live well, live wisely, live humbly. It’s the way you live, not the way you talk, that counts.
- (1 Peter) Even if you suffer for what is right, you are blessed. Don’t fear threats or be frightened. If with your heart and soul you are doing good, God sees that. The message version says “Be ready to speak up and tell anyone who asks why you’re living the way you are, and always with the utmost courtesy.”
- (2 Peter) Look forward to what is coming. Try to be at peace with God. Make every effort to live good. Do your very best to be living at your best in purity and peace.
- (1 John) Anyone who doesn’t have love in his heart, has death. If you hate another child of God, you are like a murderer.
- (Revelation) This is Jesus’ letter to the
church in Laodicea: “These are the words of (a message from) the Amen, God’s Yes, the faithful, accurate and true witness of all that was, is, and forevermore shall be, the First of and ruler of God’s creation and all that He made.”
He knows us, inside and out. From beginning to end. From east to west. North to south. The circumference. The Pi. He was, is, and will ever be. We can know Him and be made known by Him. He is knocking…perhaps you are seeking. These are just the 3rd chapters and 14th verses of each book of the New Testament up above. But there is so much depth and wisdom in just 21 total verses. Fix your eyes, open your heart and mind…your life will change. Mine did. I am forever grateful knowing my eternity is secured and promised.
Lord thank you for the continued discernment and illumination. May Your words touch the heart and mind of the person reading this post and may it bring You glory and honor. Thank you for allowing me to be but a simple vessel, a lamp. I am not the light, just the vehicle to shine it. Thank you for grace, loving me, and forgiving me daily. Amen.